with Dr. Brooke, Harvard-trained Dermatologist and adoptive mom of 3.
Providing you with the right products and resources for beautiful and healthy hair and skin for your adoptive child.
Adoption is a wonderful opportunity to extend your love…But, there can be challenges.
Having little time to prepare for your new child
Stress associated with not knowing how to care for your child’s skin and hair
Knowing which products and regimens support healthy hair
Experiencing a level of shame associated with adoption
Understanding the self-esteem issues that many transracial adoptive children may face
Here at Adoption MD, we support you by offering the right products for beautiful and healthy hair and skin as well as additional resources to correct any stigmas and lay the groundwork for positive self-esteem in your forever family.
We make caring for your child’s hair easy with hair and skincare products designed by a dermatologist, made with love.
Courses and Workshops
Learn the fundamentals of healthy hair and skin as well as get additional resources designed to help you prepare for a new child.
The Adoption MD Story
Being an adoptive parent is the most challenging yet rewarding experience I’ve ever had. There is nothing that can prepare you for the anxiety followed by the pure joy you experience as your forever family becomes complete.
As a board-certified dermatologist, I have had many patients who are adopted or are adoptive parents and I noticed that my transracial adoptive parents needed assistance with issues of skin and hair they were unfamiliar with.
I created Adoption MD with all of you in mind. It is my hope to take away the shock, stress, and stigma so you can move forward confidently and thrive with your forever family.
About Dr. Brooke Jackson
Hi! I’m Dr. Brooke, Harvard-trained, board-certified Dermatologist and the proud mother of 3 adopted children!
As a dermatologist I have had many patients who are adopted or are adoptive parents and I noticed that my transracial adoptive parents needed assistance with issues of skin and hair they were unfamiliar with.
I created Adoption MD with all of you in mind. It is my hope to take away the shock, stress, and stigma so you can move forward confidently and thrive with your forever family. Here are a few facts about me:
- I am the owner of Skin Wellness Dermatology Associates, a private practice in Durham, NC, that offers aesthetic, medical, and surgical dermatology services using innovative, tailored treatment plans.
- I am the first African-American dermatologist to be awarded laser fellowship training at Harvard University where my interests and research helped to pioneer the uses of lasers in ethnic skin.
- I completed a second fellowship in skin cancer surgery (Mohs) at Baylor College of Medicine In Houston, Texas and founded the Mohs Surgery Unit.
- I am the author of Child Of Mine: Caring For The Skin And Hair Of Your Adopted Child.
- I am an avid runner and have completed 10 marathons ( 26.2 miles) and 8 triathlons
- I was on the board of directors of Girls On The Run, an organization that encourages girls age 8-12 to build self-esteem through running and have been a frequent speaker for running groups on sun safety and skin cancer awareness.
- I love animals and now have a rescued poodle who is a mischief maker.
- My kids get points if they make me laugh when I am trying to discipline them.