BE WELL. BE FIT. BELONG.
Skincare Products And Training Resources For The Everyday Runner.
Hi I’m Dr. Brooke
I am a Board-Certified Dermatologist, Running Enthusiast, and Creator of JOYLA! Here at JOYLA, we help the everyday athlete:
- Manage And Avoid Skin Problems Associated With Training
- Become A Part Of A Thriving Community Of Like-Minded Athletes
- Live Healthy Through Movement
Welcome to our community. Let’s journey toward skin health and total wellness together.
The JOYLA Vision
BE WELL. BE FIT. BELONG
At JOYLA, we want all physically active people to enjoy their lifestyle without the pain and discomfort often associated with that active lifestyle. We believe that having the right products and resources to aid in health and healing leads to better overall well-being and a simplified skincare regimen.
From sunburns to blistered toes, get the products you need to maximize your health while exercising.
Training Resources & JOYLA Community
Dr. Brooke is no stranger to speaking on a variety of stages. From running groups to conferences to television, book
Dr. Brooke to speak to your group today.
How to Get Started and Get to the Finish Line
Do you have goals of becoming a runner, but the very thought intimidates you?
We help beginning runners get started.
Running is great for both your mental and physical health. Let’s talk about how we can help you form this transformational habit that you can incorporate in your everyday life.
SKINCARE FOR RUNNERS
In her book Skincare for Runners, Dr. Brooke shares tools and secrets that can help physically active people enjoy their lifestyle without the associated pain and discomfort often associated with that active lifestyle. Enhance your health and healing, enjoy better overall well-being and a simplified skincare regimen. Don’t miss out! Let this book be your guide to be fit, be well, and belong.
ABOUT DR. BROOKE JACKSON
“Life is a lot like marathon training. There will be hard times in life and hard times during your race but through marathon training, I learned to just keep moving and you will get to the finish line. Running has changed my life.”
I’m Brooke Jackson, M.D., board-certified dermatologist, avid runner, and budding triathlete. I am passionate about encouraging healthy living through movement and helping amateur athletes reach their goals by easing the stress and injury that an exercise regimen can have on you both physically and mentally.
I have completed 10 marathons and 8 triathlons and was on the board of directors of Girls on the Run, an organization that encourages girls age 8-12 to build self-esteem through running. I successfully started and managed a marathon training group on the south side of Chicago which grew from 40 runners to 400 over 4 years, helping turn couch potatoes into marathoners.
Through my own marathon training experience and coaching I have been able to share tips and tricks to help runners manage training concerns from rashes, to sunburns, to blistered toes and race anxiety, teaching them about sun protection, hydration, and nutrition.
Here are a few facts about me:
- I have made frequent guest appearances on ABC, NBC, FOX, WGN news regarding dermatologic issues and has been quoted in numerous national print such as Self, O, Runner’s World, Essence, Ebony, Woman’s Day, Ladies Home Journal, Parenting, Teen vogue and Fitness magazines.
- I am a frequent speaker for running groups on sun safety and skin cancer awareness.
- I am a peloton addict
- I met my husband through running. We had our rehearsal dinner in Fleet Feet Store in Chicago.
- I am the owner of Skin Wellness Dermatology Associates, a private practice that offers aesthetic, medical, and surgical dermatology services using innovative, tailored treatment plans.
- I am the author of Skincare for Runners and Child Of Mine: Caring For The Skin And Hair Of Your Adopted Child.
- I love animals and now have a rescued poodle who is a mischief maker.